Thursday, May 13, 2010

Imitation of Life

Roswell GA has great community art programs. Several times a year, the city parks and rec department offers classes at all times of the day on a variety of subjects. The instructor I ended up with the first time my wife forced me to get out and try a class was Maureen Engle. She is a fantastic painting teacher for all skill levels.

I'm addicted to Maureen's "Palette Knife Acrylics" class and have taken it three years in a row now. We just wrapped up the course for the Spring 2010 session, and there is a free student show at the Roswell Visual Arts Center from late May through early July.

Many of the current students have art posted there, so you should go take a peek if you're in the area.

Here's my favorite work from this year, an acrylic of a juvenile brown trout in a mountain stream.
Makes me want to go fishing or at least go take some more photos.

If your community offers public classes through the city, county, or university nearby, I urge you to take advantage. You just might find that you love to create!

No comments: